Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Hartvigsen puts photos of damaged turgo spoons on site, Feb.28, 09



Max,
Sorry to be so slow but it has been a busy week at work so I haven't
had much time to spend on hydro.

I've put some photos in this folder in the group's file area
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/microhydro/files/Copied_Runner/
There are two new photos with views of a runner made with low quality
aluminum castings. Text to the runner are the original plastic spoons
which were used to make these un-authorized aluminum copies and for
comparison the precision investment cast stainless steel which is heat
treated for high hardness and tensile strength. One of the stainless
spoons is shown with the optional polished surface.

I have a good camera but for file size I've reduced the resolution. It
is still hard to really show the difference in a photo compared to
directly viewing the parts. However, these copies are bad enough that
you can see many of the defects.

I've also put photos of the original 16 orange turgo runner I made 10
years ago for my system. These photos are probably elsewhere in the
group area and on Wim's site but I put them here for comparison.


Joe

1 comment:

  1. The runner pictured is in the condition that Del received it. It didn't appear damaged, just casting flaws and careless cutting from the mold gate. I have since seen photos of castings from you the do appear of much better quality than these. Would you like to trade for better quality parts?

    ReplyDelete