Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

For years Joseph Hartvigsen has publicly branded me as an extreme left-wing Anti-American ideologue

For years Joseph Hartvigsen has publicly branded me as an extreme left-wing anti-American ideologue to the worldwide membership of the Yahoo microhydro group.
This opinion was partly based on an article called "Waterpower to the People", (on this blog)in a local English language newspaper, The Bolivian Times (Jan.6, 2000), about our efforts to introduce simple technology to the rural poor. (For obvious reasons Hartvigsen shortens the title to "power to the people" when referring to this article. A very revealing distortion.)
Hartvigsen has recently said that he considered me his "enemy" due to my opposition to many of the policies of George Bush, especially the unending foreign wars, since revealed to have been based on deliberate misinformation used by the Bush administration to generate public support.
Since my opposition to the Bush wars were entirely within my political rights as an American citizen, I propose that Hartvigsen, for all his self-proclaimed "patriotism", does not actually believe in citizen's rights as guaranteed by the U.S.Constitution.
Perhaps coincidentally, Hartvigsen's employer is the Coors family, famous for their enthusiastic support of extreme right-wing political causes and institutions, such as the Heritage Foundation. The extent and nature of their activities should be known to all Americans as an example of how corporate power is used for extremist political ends. http://www.corporations.org/coors/

2 comments:

  1. Anyone with money or perceived power is a target so you can't believe everything you see online.

    When the company I've worked for the last 20 years was sold 3 years ago I didn't have a say one way or the other on who the old owner would sell to. Further all your supposed conspiracy happened before this change of ownership. It is completely a red herring to even bring it up.

    However it seems to me that the new owner CEO's 501c(3) has similar goals to yours.

    https://www.communityupliftministries.org/about-us/col-update
    Community Uplift Ministries is a registered 501 (c) (3) nonprofit entity incorporated in the State of Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have I publicly branded you as anything beyond defending my position after your attacks related to the spoon copying?

    You may have published private conversations between us where I suggested that your ideology might be the motivation for your attacks on me. That is your doing not mine.

    I don't believe that I called you my enemy. Rather said I first became YOUR enemy when I gave my perspective on American foreign policy back in 2002. There is a difference between saying "Ron is my enemy" (which I didn't say) and saying that I think you began to see me as your enemy in 2002 because I agreed with reasons behind the war on terror.

    ReplyDelete