Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Robert H. Rees:" I am the bishop....of the local unit of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" July 6, 05

Robert H. Rees:" I am the bishop....of the local unit of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" July 6, 05
From: Robert Rees
Subject: Re: Hartvigsen
To: watermotor@yahoo.com
Cc: jjh@ceramatec.com
Date: Wednesday, July 6, 2005, 6:25 PM

Mr. Davis,

Thank you for your email messages regarding the apparent dispute between you and Joseph Hartvigsen. I am the bishop or ecclestiastical leader of the local unit of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints of which Mr. Hartvigsen is a member. I wish I were in a position to be able to help resolve your dispute. However, the Church's disciplinary council system is designed to assist a member of the Church who has engaged in conduct contrary to Church teachings to repent and return to good standing. It is not intended to resolve disputes between individuals. I have known Mr. Hartvigsen for roughly 13 years. He is an upstanding and honorable person and has not done anything of which I am aware to put his standing in the Church in question. He turned to me in apparent frustration over not being successful in his efforts to resolve the dispute with you. But there is really nothing I can do to help. I wish you well.

Sincerely,

Bob Rees

1 comment: